With more than 80 combined years of experience, the lawyers of Finger & Finger can handle many forms of civil litigation, from will contests to business litigation. A majority of our practice comes from New York City and the surrounding areas of Westchester, Putnam and Rockland Counties, and White Plains.
Our litigation practice encompasses the following areas:
- Commercial and business litigation
- Real estate litigation, including collections, foreclosures, eminent domain, residential warranties, and landlord / tenant disputes
- Article 78 proceedings including appeals from Planning and Zoning Board decisions as well as determinations of the New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal
- Due process and Civil Rights Act Section 1983 claims
- Defamation, libel, and slander claims
- Estate litigation, including will contests and beneficiary disputes
- Labor law, discrimination claims, labor mediation and arbitration
- Construction litigation, including subcontractor and contractor disputes and claims by owners against contractors and by contractors for payment
- Personal injury litigation, including auto accidents, construction accidents, slip and falls, and medical malpractice
- Workers’ Compensation and Social Security disability litigation
- Environmental litigation, including zoning, planning board matters, and disputes over municipal ordinances
We understand the importance of cost-effective and timely resolutions of disputes. Our trial lawyers work toward out-of-court settlements whenever possible. If a trial is in our clients’ best interests, we will readily take a case to court. Our attorneys have argued in courts throughout the New York area, including New York’s highest court, the Court of Appeals and the Federal District Court and Federal court of Appeals.