New York Real Estate Attorneys
The lawyers of Finger & Finger maintain an active practice in residential and commercial real estate law. We work for buyers, sellers, landlords, and tenants, and represent approximately 40 cooperatives, condominiums, planned unit developments, and homeowners’ associations. Our practice extends beyond that and encompasses the concerns of developers, individual shareholders, contractors, sponsors, and private water districts in closings, real estate, zoning, and planning board matters.
Our work includes the following:
- Real estate litigation, including landlord-tenant disputes, cooperative and condominium litigation, and negligence claims
- Collection for non-payment of rent by delinquent tenants, homeowners, unit owners, and shareholders
- Offering plans for cooperatives, homeowners’ associations, and condominiums
- Actions against the New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal
- Applications for Major Capital Improvements before the New York State Divisions of Housing and Community Renewal
- Landlord representation as to tenant complaints before the New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal in such areas as overcharges and diminution of services
- Closings, contracts, and sale of real property, including private and commercial property, apartment houses, taxpayers, vacant land
- Tax assessment reduction and certiorari proceedings
- Liens and mechanic’s liens
- Zoning, planning, and development, site plans, subdivisions
- Title insurance representation
We have been involved in many complex, large-scale real estate matters, including local and Supreme Court representation of landlords, cooperatives, and condominiums. Our lawyers have represented clients before local Common and City Councils and Town and Village Boards and argued against the expansion of the Emergency Tenant Protection Act into new communities.
Our firm has been retained by the Building and Realty Institute of Westchester and the Mid-Hudson Region to argue before New York’s highest court, the Court of Appeals, in an effort to expand due process rights for developers and owners of real estate. We have also participated in the drafting of legislation for the benefit of homeowners and developers to assist them in keeping all their rights to develop, renovate or expand their property. Our attorneys were also successful in obtaining one of the largest tax assessment reductions obtained in the City of Yonkers for one of our condominium clients.
Finger and Finger has also obtained major reductions for other homeowners’ associations (HOAs), cooperatives, and condominiums in Westchester and Putnam counties.
Well-Known in Real Estate Law
The principal attorneys of our firm also write articles for many legal publications. We have written for Impact, the monthly newspaper of the Building and Realty Institute of Westchester County, and have been interviewed and quoted by Habitat Magazine. Our lawyers have also spoken at seminars and lectures in matters involving housing co-ops, condominiums, homeowners associations, landlord’s rights, and landlord-tenant matters.